Relocation & Child Custody in New York State
Divorce matters involving children are particularly difficult to handle without the assistance of a NY divorce and family law firm that possesses the specific knowledge and understanding necessary to defend your parental rights and obtain your objectives. Whether you are a custodial parent who wishes to relocate or a non-custodial parent seeking to prevent your child’s move, the attorneys from Miller Zeiderman LLP are committed to finding the best possible resolution for you and your child. Factors that the court considers in determining whether or not the custodial parent will be permitted to relocate and retain residential custody include:
- The parental reasons and motivations for seeking or opposing the relocation.
- The relationship between the child and each parent, with particular emphasis on the non-custodial parent’s relationship.
- The anticipated impact of the move on the child and on his or her relationship with the non-custodial parent.
- The degree to which the child’s life will be economically, emotionally, or educationally improved by the custodial parent’s relocation.
- Feasible visitation arrangements for the non-custodial parent in the event of relocation.