Lisa Zeiderman, Esq., CFL
Lisa Zeiderman, a Managing Partner of the law firm of Miller Zeiderman Wiederkehr & Schwarz, LLP. who was awarded the Client’s Choice Award in 2016 and the Super Lawyer Rising Stars Award in 2014, focuses her law practice solely in Matrimonial and Family Law. As both an Attorney and a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst, Ms. Zeiderman is uniquely equipped to understand, negotiate and if necessary litigate high net worth and/or complex financial matters. A Fordham University of Law graduate who is also certified as an Attorney for Children, Ms. Zeiderman is a strong advocate who throughout her career worked hand in hand with her clients to reach the most favorable resolution in both custody and financial matters. Always conscious of the costs of litigation, Ms. Zeiderman, who has been referred to as a powerful negotiator, will always be prepared to negotiate and/or litigate your matter if necessary. Whether it be a custody matter or a complex financial matter, Ms. Zeiderman will strive to deliver the best results possible, while working to protect that which her client cares about most. She will be honest and straight forward with her client about the risks and costs involved in litigation, while servicing the client through efficient, responsive and reliable representation.
Ms. Zeiderman has negotiated and/or litigated complex custody and financial matters in the Family and Supreme Courts of New York County, Kings County, Westchester, Rockland, Orange, Putnam and Dutchess to their resolution. She has been lead trial counsel in matters of custody, modification of custody, equitable distribution of assets, child support, alimony, contempt hearings and relocation matters.
Ms. Zeiderman has published articles in both the New York Law Journal and the New York State Bar Association Family Review and has been quoted in Psychology Today Magazine. Most recently, Ms. Zeiderman was the Recent Case Editor for the Domestic Relations Law publication of the Family Law Section in Westchester County.
Ms. Zeiderman has lectured for the New York State Bar Association, Family Law Section including about the topics of Equitable Distribution of Assets, Valuation of Liquid Assets and Investments, Maintenance, Custody, Electronic Snooping and Discovery.
Ms. Zeiderman is a member of the Legislative Committee of the Family Law Section for the New York State Bar Association and on the executive board of the Justice Brandeis Law Society. She is also a member of the New York State Bar Association, the New York Women’s Bar Association and the Westchester Women’s Bar Association.
Lisa Zeiderman, once divorced, is remarried and has a 24-year-old daughter.
- Matrimonial and Family Law
- Equitable Distribution
- Child Support
- Post-Judgment Enforcement
- Separation Agreements
- Prenuptial/Postnuptial Agreements
- Modification Matters (including Custody and Support)
- Orders of Protection
- Relocation Issues
- Grandparent Visitation
- Appellate Family Law and Divorce Litigation
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- Fordham University, B.A., Religious Studies, Summa Cum Laude
- Connecticut, 2004
- New York, 2005
- Recent Case Editor of the Westchester Domestic Relations Law, 2012 – 2013
- “Divorces Cyberspace & Discovery: Writing on a Wall May Not Be Private After All,” New York State Family Law Review (2011) with Amy L. Reiss and Danielle Jacobs
- “Snooping: What’s Legal, What’s Illegal,” (Co-Author with Amy L. Reiss, Esq.), Family Law Review, 2009
- “Utilizing the Lis Pendens in Matrimonial Actions,” (Co-Author with Scott E. Mollen), New York Law Journal, Volume 238-No 13, July, 2007
- “Cleanup the Prenup,” (Co-Author with Amy L. Reiss, Esq.,), New York Law Journal, Volume 233-No 28, Feb. 2005
- Equitable Distribution & Maintenance, New York State Bar Association, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Boundaries of Electronic Snooping, New York Women’s Bar, 2010 – Present
- Title Divorce In Challenging Times: Legal and Economic Considerations, Jewish Community Center (JCC) New York, 2010 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York Women’s Bar Association, Member, 2005 – Present
- New York State Bar Association, Member of Legislation Committee, 2000 – Present
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New York Women’s Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Johnson & Cohen LLP (2006 – Nov. 2013)
- Amy L. Reiss, Esq., Associate (2004 – 2005)
- Business Owner in the Fashion Industry
Click here to read testimonials for Lisa Zeiderman.
If you are facing a legal matter related to divorce or family law, contact the law offices of Miller Zeiderman Wiederkehr & Schwarz today to schedule an initial consultation with New York matrimonial lawyer Lisa Zeiderman or another member of our highly experienced legal team.